Building Rocks and Coral

This week in Science we worked on building items for our reef project. We were put into groups and assigned a coral to make in class. This coral can be made out of anything; we can bring stuff ourselves or ask Shane for it. (We also are each making a animal that lives in a coral reef for homework but that’s not important.) Each group also makes a big rock with papier-mâché, and boxes. Each thing will be labeled with a description panel (which we also make). All this will be put into a blowup plastic bubble to look like a reef.

My group was assigned finger coral, so we chose to do Neon Green Spaghetti Finger Leather Coral. I may have messed up the name. We made the base out of sticks taped together with masking tape. We plan to spray paint it neon green and add bits of green plastic on the outside. We well I may have used at least half a pack of tape but it looks good. For the base I have no idea what we are doing, but we did decide on something. (Naomi is bent on using gold leaf.)

Here is what our coral looks like:

Questions:

Am I crazy or do we have two people sized bubbles one solid black and the other clear?

If we do which one are we using?

When is the animal blog due?